I finished this corset a couple of weeks ago just before I went on holiday but ran out of time to blog about it. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. Here’s the reminder: Floral printed cotton, £2 from the remnants bin at Fabrics Galore. Lining is a silk/cotton blend. Both layers are interfacing with slightly different weights of fusible interfacing. Boning is rigilene sew-in boning and finished off with turquoise satin bias binding. The pattern is Simplicity 5006.
The back of the corset features hook and eye tape.
This is the only shot of me wearing the corset and the bias binding was still unfinished at this point. I’ve not had a chance to wear and photograph it properly as when I finished it, I immediately lent it out to Morley college for a student exhibition they have going on at the moment. As I’ve been on holiday I haven’t had a chance to see if it has been exhibited, so fingers crossed!