I love this time of the year, when I read about everybody’s sewing highlights and lowlights. I’ve always loved me a good old summary 🙂 it’s like reading the cliff notes for sewing blogs. A big Thank You to Gillian from Crafting a Rainbow for starting the ball rolling…
I didn’t think I’d have much to contribute as in my opinion I’ve not blogged much nor made much. But looking back I’ve done more than I thought.
My Highlights for 2013 were:
1. Visiting the garment district, New York
Ok, that’s not strictly a make but it is certainly a highlight! I’ve been to NYC before but never since I got serious about sewing. What can I say? I have literally considered applying for a green card…
The rows upon rows of haberdashery in the shops had me breaking out in a cold sweat as I tightly clutched onto my credit card.
2. Bra Making – I got back into making bras and remembered how fun and satisfying it was.
3. Roses corset – not sure what I love most about this corset – that it fits really well or that the outer fabric cost me £2 in the remnants bin! Ok, I haven’t worn it at all but it’s a corset and I can’t really wear it to work nor for a casual trip down to the pub. But you know what, I don’t really care!
4. The Anna Dress – Great pattern, easy to make plus kimono sleeves. Love it! You can’t really go wrong with it.
5. Deer & Doe Belladonne dress – I’m pretty happy with the fit on this dress and have worn it to work a few times too.