The Roses Corset…

I finished this corset a couple of weeks ago just before I went on holiday but ran out of time to blog about it. I am extremely happy with how it turned out. Here’s the reminder: Floral printed cotton, £2 from the remnants bin at Fabrics Galore. Lining is a silk/cotton blend. Both layers are interfacing with slightly different weights of fusible interfacing. Boning is rigilene sew-in boning and finished off with turquoise satin bias binding. The pattern is Simplicity 5006.
20130304-135624.jpg

Here’s a shot of the inside:
20130304-135656.jpg

The back of the corset features hook and eye tape.

20130304-135705.jpg

20130304-135715.jpg

This is the only shot of me wearing the corset and the bias binding was still unfinished at this point. I’ve not had a chance to wear and photograph it properly as when I finished it, I immediately lent it out to Morley college for a student exhibition they have going on at the moment. As I’ve been on holiday I haven’t had a chance to see if it has been exhibited, so fingers crossed! 20130304-135721.jpg

2 thoughts on “The Roses Corset…

  1. Tessa Crockett says:

    Absolutely beautiful! Great finish inside and out. I need to get satin bias binding for mine when I get to that stage… Tessa x

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s