Yes I love a challenge – Except well my track record of finishing things, just isn’t great…. I still have a half finished dress hanging up on the back of my study door that should have been finished for the Great Vintage Sewalong. I have a pile of things that need repairing or altering… And yet I am considering my next sew-along. I can dream can’t I?
Originally I wanted to take part in Me Made June, however, my handmade wardrobe just isn’t extensive enough at the moment to include adequate work wear.
However, The Naked Seamstress has put forward a simple yet cunning sewalong – 4 summer dresses in a month. Well, in theory that ought to be achievable? One dress per week on average? (Not to mention the heap of coursework I have left to do for my Lingerie course and all the other unfinished things in my house….)
I guess it would be simple, if I chose 4 really easy peasy dresses – but you know, I do like to over complicate things.
Of the 4 dresses that I am thinking of doing –
- 1 requires boning (never done that)( another has optional boning)
- 2 will definitely require significant adjustments to the bodice
- 1 will have piping attached to it (never done that…)
- 1 has a pretty complicated pattern piece (And I’ve checked pattern review, so I know it will be difficult!)
- One is a UFO that I have been too scared to touch because the Liberty fabric is so yummy (and expensive)
However, on the plus side… I do have the 4 patterns already. And I more or less have all the fabric and trimmings for 3 of the 4 dresses.
So, without further ado, I present to you the 4 proposed dresses…
Colette Patterns Eclair