A little bit of selfless sewing…

… should do me some good! I came up with this quick little project for my brother, well, it should have been a quick project. However, I’m using a borrowed sewing machine with no invisible zip attachment and my featherweight really needs a service. It was all going so well and then the tension went haywire and I just haven’t been able to fix it since… Still, I made these little beauties for my brother’s new sofa. They should match perfectly!

I made a template out of newspaper to fit the 22 inch cushions. I found that using masking tape helped keep the lines straight, I also used it when I was cutting out my fabric, which really helped in stabilising the fabric and stopping slippage.

I used a rolled hem for the tidying up of the seams. I love how professional it makes the edges look. The material is a blend of some sort, silky to the touch. Frays like mad though!

In fact I managed to insert the zipper without the correct attachment without too much hassle in the end, except I then attached the zip to the second cushion the wrong way round! I can be so blonde sometimes!!!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s