Has anybody ever felt like throwing something that they have been making out of the window or straight into the bin…
I’ve been determined to finish some projects off that I started a while back, but this week I’ve just not been in a very good mood for sewing. And as a result I have been really slap dash and done some horrid sewing! I have spent most of my evening trying to fix this abomination only to ask myself ‘why’?
I’m loathe to waste fabric but equally, the skirt that I have been trying to finish is horrid and I will never wear it because the quality is appalling. I’m struggling to think where it all went wrong.
Here’s a list of my main gripes:
- Rubbish pattern tracing and cutting (the pieces were all wonky when I put them together)
- Rubbish material – a cotton poplin that I’ve had in my stash for years and seems to attract every piece of lint/dust in my house and a horrid cheap purple manmade material of some sort that is a lining
- The awful sewing and serging
- The bad application of interfacing
- Awful, awful, truly awful seams
- The button holes that are placed to far in and go through the lining
- The wonky waistband
That should do for now! But I am so embarrassed by my handiwork that whilst I should post it as some sort of warning to novice seamstresses everywhere, I do not want it to haunt me later on in life!!
So now all I have to decide is – valiantly try and rescue the botch job or junk it… And perhaps on second thoughts, going to back to basics is not such a bad idea for me after all!