I made the Burda 101 dress up with the white Swiss dot that I picked up from Goldhawk road recently, I can’t remember the price, I think it was about £4.50 per metre. Initially I wasn’t too sure about which side to use, however I have since found out that the right side is the flat side not the bobbly side. That’s usually because Swiss dot tends to be more sheer than the one that I am using. I opted to use the bobbly side because on my fabric, when you use the flat side, you lose the effect of the bubbles. Plus, I really like the texture of the fabric.
The bodice went together pretty easily. And surprisingly the Burda instructions weren’t all that bad!
I think I was still a bit tired when I was finishing off the bodice on Sunday night as when I went to French seam the back, I made a 1.5cm seam instead of 0.5cm… But I just couldn’t be bothered to unpick it, and as I knew there was a bit of bagginess at the back, I chose to wing it… Rest assured though, I will not be doing the same to the other three dresses!
Here’s a quick peek of the dress, I still have to hem the bottom, but otherwise it is all finished though. And despite that error with the french seam, the dress fits perfectly! I’m very happy with it.
I will get some better photos done at the weekend and put them up here and on the flickr group.
I’m not too sure what this pose is called either – I think it might be the ‘I’m trying hard to look sexy and then lose interest halfway’ look…