Melanie Rickey the editor of Grazia magazine has started an online petition to bring home the Alexander McQueen’s Savage Beauty exhibition. It’s been picked up today in the comments section of the Evening Standard where they’ve stated that even the V&A are keen to house it!
So if you have a spare minute, show your support and sign this petition.
This is cut and pasted from the Grazia website because I can’t put it any better than this:
WHY THE MCQUEEN EXHIBITION SHOULD COME HOME
1. Lee Alexander McQueen was born and raised in London by Londoners.
2. He was educated at London’s most famous art school St Martins School of Art, and trained on London’s most famous tailoring street, Saville Row
3. He lived, worked and was largely inspired by London.
4. He began and made his name and career in London
5. He loved London
6. The Alexander McQueen business is based in London, and directed by an English designer.
7. British people want this